Sunday 4 August 2013

Jude Ouvrard - Heat Wave Guest Post

With the release of the Heat Wave Anthology from Renaissance Romance Publishing authors, I have the pleasure of having a guest post from all three authors.

First we have the lovely Jude Ouvrard, whose story is called Under The Sun.



I have asked Jude the following, because this is something which always has intrigued me.

Where do you draw your inspiration from, and what inspires you to write?

I'm only 29 but I can tell you that a lot of my life experiences have had influenced on my writing.

The loss of my grandparents has inspired me to write Under the Sun and it helped me writing Wonderland as well. Losing family is never easy but you can learn a lot from it. You learn how to deal with your emotions and how to move on.

In my novella Under the Sun, the story occurs after the death of a love one. The grief, the sadness, all these emotions that the main character, Tracey, had to go through, I did too. Saying goodbye is never easy even when it’s the right thing. And after, you just need to take the time to heal and sometimes, you are lucky enough to have someone who's willing to help.

Also, Tracey leaves her city life to spend the summer in Wells Beach, Maine. When I was younger, I was lucky enough to go there every summer with my parents and brother. I love this place very much, it feels like home. The ocean, the cabins where we used to stay, all these memories helped me to write the story.  There are few things in the book that happened in my life during my time there.

I personally think the best inspiration we can have is based on our own life. I know it isn't always possible but so far, my life helped me  a lot with my writing.

When I write, I always try to send a message to my readers.  A life lesson. It helps me to create the story. No matter what life lesson the story is based on, to me, it's as strong as a storyline.

I always get tons of ideas when I am driving my car around town. It gets distracting. All the plots are clear in my mind and I can't write them down. Of course, when I'm finally able to write them down, they are  gone. I should definitely get a voice recorder or hire an assistant who could write down all my crazy ideas while I'm driving. Ha! Ha! Only in my dreams, I guess.



Under The Sun 
By Jude Ouvrard


Summary;

Tracey Howard has put her life on hold for years to care for her grandmother. Now that her grandmother is gone, Tracey decides to spend summer at the beach and reflect on where she wants life to take her next. Jackson Phillips is her new neighbour, and he dazzles her from the first moment they meet. Will Jackson be able to show Tracey how to let go of old pain and embrace future happiness?



Excerpt;

It might have been my imagination, but when our eyes met, I felt something stirring inside me. I stared at her, wondering what had just happened, and I could still feel the tingling warmth on my skin. There was something between us, but I didn’t know quite what. Everything felt right, like we were supposed to be together.



Tracey looked away, breaking our connection. “Do you need help with anything?”

“Nope. Everything's ready.” Even though I could have stared at her all night, I didn’t want to ruin the evening. So I turned my attention to our dinner and got the bruschetta and the garlic bread on the table.

“Mmm, it looks delicious, chef.” Tracey laughed. She had quite the spirit, and unlike so many women, she didn’t appear to be complicated. When I placed the shrimp Alfredo linguini on the table, Tracey literally licked her lips. “I think I might join you for dinner every night. It smells so good.”

“I would love that,” I replied. “The company would be nice.”



***


Author Bio;

Jude lives in Montreal, Canada. She is the proud mother of a beautiful four year old son, and has spent the last twelve years with her partner, Cedric. French is her native language, but she prefers to write in her second language, English. Besides working full time for a title insurance company and being a mother, Jude has a passion for books, both reading and writing them.





No comments:

Post a Comment